–Utah Youth Soccer Association–
U.S. Center for SafeSport Certification
First Time Certificate Upload
- Each coach and team manager is required to complete their SafeSport Training.
- Once you have completed the three required training modules you will receive an all-inclusive certificate.
- All coaches and team administrators are required to upload their all-inclusive SafeSport Training Certificate into SOMS.
- On June 2nd of each year, the certificate will be removed from the user account.
Account Setup in SafeSport
- You will be asked to create an account within the SafeSport portal
- Select U.S. Soccer as the organization
- Contact your Risk Management Coordinator for the required access code
Annual Certificate Upload
- All coaches and team administrators are required to complete the SafeSport refresher course each year following their initial completion.
- The refresher course is titled Recognizing and Reporting Misconduct.
- Once you have completed the refresher course you will receive a certificate of completion to upload in SOMS.
Creating a SafeSport Training Account
- Visit www.safesport.org
- Click the Sign In button
- Create a new account by clicking the Register button
- Follow the registration process
- Select U.S. Soccer as the Organization
- Access Code – contact your club’s Risk Management Coordinator for your access code.
Generating your Master Certificate
- After completing the 3 SafeSport modules, your all-inclusive certificate will be created
- Using the Menu button on the left side of your SafeSport account, select the drop down icon to the right of your name
- Click the green Certificate button in the center of the page
Uploading the SafeSport Trained Master Certificate
After completing the 3 SafeSport modules, your all-inclusive certificate will be generated for you.
- Log into your Affinity Sports administrator account
- Click the View Details button under your coaching name to ensure that you have selected the correct account. There should be a red line boarding your account.
- Click on the Certificates tab below your account.
- Click on the SAPT box
- Click Choose File to upload your certificate
- Click on the green Upload Image
- Your certificate will include your name (must match Affinity user account) and show your completion date.
Utah Youth Soccer is the leader in promoting, developing and governing youth soccer in Utah; providing quality educational and
developmental opportunities for all members.