Download this in Word Format

RAGE FC
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
November 19, 2015

Present: Paul, Jose, Mike and Mary. Tournament Scheduler Lance Jackson.

Jose welcomed everyone to the meeting at 7:30 PM.

We discussed Gary’s health challenges and how he will no longer be able to serve as the treasurer. Therefore, we need to actively look for a new treasurer. We talked about the possibility of hiring an accountant.

We discussed Roberts Rules of Order.
We need to clearly follow the 501(c)(3).
We need to have constructive/democratic meetings.
Paul will forward the email to us.
The UYSA/IRL asks this of us.
Basically, we need to conduct ourselves in a constructive manner.

We briefly went over Conflict of Interest.
We need to make sure everyone has signed it.
We also need to make sure our language is clear.

We talked about UT nonprofits.
We are now a 501(c)(3), so when people sponsor the club we can tell them it’s a tax write-off.
Also, all donations are retroactive up to 15 months from approval.

We went over Financial Aid Forms for players that don’t have funds.
The forms are on the website. Make sure all team managers understand this.
If kids don’t have one, fill out something for them.
We need to be great at record keeping.
Fill out SOMETHING on every player.
All of us need to use the same form of who’s paid, who hasn’t, etc.
Mary can hold the master of all records.

Next, we went over Fees.
We have to pay a fee for every player now that we’re a member of UYSA.
We have great insurance coverage now.
Record keeping is critical.

We went over Club Finances.
We haven’t transferred funds from Paypal to our account for the purpose of saving on
transfer fees.
Paypal has parents’ names and players’ names.
Our Balance is $15,555.34.
We need a treasurer that can run the whole thing. Accounting has to be spot on to the penny!
We need to hire a professional, a neutral party with no invested interest. Mike will find one.
We discussed the Position of President.
It is a lot of work.
Mike, Mary, and Paul voted to pay our Club President a one-time $500 fee.

We discussed Forms for Invoice.
We need a generic invoice.
Our new accountant will take care of this.

We talked about having a Representative at the UYSA General Meeting.
Maybe we’ll send Mike, Jose, and Lance.
A representative of RAGE must attend. One vote is what we get.
We were going to see if our representative has to be a board member.

We talked about getting a RAGE Flag.
We voted to get 3 RAGE flags.
Jose knows someone and will find out how much they will cost.

We discussed our upcoming tournament.
We’ll find out from Kole Staheli after Thanksgiving as to whether or not we get the Sullivan Soccer Park.
Jose will contact the Sunbowl again in December and January. It is a great field with lights,
bathrooms, etc.
We have plenty of fields reserved for the tournament regardless of whether we get the Sullivan
Soccer Park or not.

We talked about some things Paul learned from KarriAnn Atkins about the Dixie Invitational.
Refs love a coin at the end of a tournament.
We will have expenses for goals, lines painted, refs, etc.
Michelle can be our hotel coordinator for rooms. Refs can double up in rooms.
2 field runners will cost about $100/day. Filed monitors will be about $100/day.
We’ll have field expenses and ref expenses.
Lance will be our scheduler. We talked about paying him a maximum of $1,000 for doing this
if we have 120 teams, otherwise our club will pay him $8/team.
Tournament director usually receives about $25/team. Assistant directors get about $15/team.
Forward all emails to Paul about the tournament.
Mike, Mary and Jose approved that we will have the money to cover the tournament.
We talked about the local laws of selling things on site.
Paul has been calling each registered team – Great personal touch!
Paul needs to know who’s been accepted in to the tournament, so Lance will accept and forward
the info to Paul.
Let’s get our teams registered!

We also talked about RAGE FC Keepers.
It’s now mandatory for them to wear helmets for protection. They can buy them for about $30
to $60 online or at Dick’s.
Paul will send out an email on this.

Jose is supposed to sign checks for the coaches.

There will be a Ref Training on Friday, January 22nd and Saturday, January 23rd.
Friday’s training will be from 6:00 to 9:00 PM.
Saturday’s training will be from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Anyone ages 14 and up will be able to be a sideline ref at our tournament and will probably be
paid about $25/game.

Our meeting adjourned at 10:00 PM.

Our NEXT MEETING will be held on Thursday, January 28th at 7:30 PM.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.